Skip to main content

For information regarding Franklin County Municipal Court Operations During COVID-19 Pandemic, click here.
Traffic Arraignments in Courtrooms 1A, 1B, and Eviction Hearings in Courtroom 11B will be heard at the Columbus Convention Center until December 31, 2020; more information here.

FCMC
375 South High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215

History

In 1916, the General Assembly of the State of Ohio created the Columbus Municipal Court. Prior to this time, the court operated under the Justice of the Peace System. On July 5, 1955, the Columbus Municipal Court was given countywide jurisdiction and, in 1968, the State Legislature changed the name of the court to the Franklin County Municipal Court. In 1979, the court moved from its facilities in City Hall to the Franklin County Municipal Court building, located at 375 South High Street.